Are you looking for a career that will grow with you? Are you dedicated to doing your job well because you take pride in what you do? Would you love to work for a growing company that cares about its employees as much as its customers? If so, a career at Encore Construction, Inc. might be just right for you!
At Encore Construction, we’re always searching for dedicated and talented individuals to join our team. We provide a great work atmosphere with room to grow. You’ll work with clients throughout the state of Maryland, Washington, D.C., Virginia, the Philadelphia metropolitan area, and Delmarva. We look forward to hearing from you!
Reports to: Project Manager
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management preferred
Job Type: Full Time Employee
We are a general contractor specializing in restaurant, retail, multi-family, office, façade renovation, and ground up construction projects in MD, DC, and Northern VA.
The Project Superintendent is the face of the company every day on the job-site. They must present themselves well and communicate professionally with owners, subcontractors, and architects. They must have a good temperament, be detail oriented, organized, and thorough with paperwork on a daily basis to be successful in this position.
Requirements for Commercial Construction Project Superintendent
- Must have the ability to take ownership of project after participating in kick off meeting with estimator and project manager.
- Must listen intently, possess excellent communication skills, and have desire to learn.
- Be optimistic and maintain a teamwork approach especially with complex issues.
- Computer competency with Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe, etc. on a daily basis.
- Smart phone competency (text, photos, email, etc.) on a daily basis.
- Must be trustworthy and work independently with limited supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task, have strong scheduling ability, and be hands on when needed.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding, maneuver over uneven ground, and stand most or all of the day while walking the job-site to properly supervise subcontractors and manpower.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- OSHA 30 Certification preferred.
- Employment offer contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by Encore Construction, Inc.) of a pre-employment screening that includes a reference check of former employment, criminal history check, motor vehicle report check, etc.
Responsibilities of Commercial Construction Project Superintendent
- On-site management of all construction activities.
- Meeting the project schedule and budget.
- Keeping the project site safe and clean at all times.
- Reviewing and accurately updating the project schedule with your Project Manager.
- Consistently reviewing details of project documents, drawings, and specifications to make sure all requirements are met.
- Completing paperwork on time on a daily basis: daily logs, 2 week look ahead schedule, purchase orders, time cards, etc.
- Ensuring a quality product is delivered to the owner and maintaining a good relationship with the owner no matter the circumstances.
- Being professional and on point when interacting with owners, architects, and subcontractors.
- Conducting subcontractor meetings and coordinating work as required.
- Scheduling project inspections.
- Completing project punch list within time frame required.
- Will work on the job-site majority of the time. Warm/Cold conditions.
- May need to arrive early, stay late, and intermittently perform tasks not specifically outlined in position description.
- Travel required from residence to job-site and back and any other travel as needed.
- Positive Workplace — team oriented, personal, and professional.
- Company with a strong reputation and established relationships with owners, architects, and subcontractors throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits.
- Vehicle or allowance program.
- 401K (with match).
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays.